EntertainmentSlider

The Force is strong with latest Star Wars film

The last of the Resistance is trapped in a mountain fortress surrounded by the First Order’s armies.  Then, out of the smoke emerges Luke Skywalker to single handedly take on the enemies of the Resistance.

The latest installment of the Lucasfilm’s Star Wars saga, “Star Wars: The Last Jedi,” brings us new and interesting characters, incredible visual effects, and some of the biggest twists ever seen in Star Wars.  Director Rian Johnson shows us the intensity and action that has kept the Star Wars films coming for 40 years.

Starring Daisy Ridley, Mark Hamill, John Boyega, Carrie Fisher and Adam Driver, the film gets the viewer right into the action with the first scene being the Resistance’s escape from the First Order.  Throughout the rest of the movie we see Rey and Ben Solo’s relationship progress as Rey lusts for the answers to her past.  Meanwhile, deserting stormtrooper Finn sets off with a new friend to a casino planetin attempt to save the last of the Resistance’s armies standing against the First Order.  Filled with sacrifice, malice and heroism, the movie will keep any viewer on the edge of their seat, one plot twist at a time.  In only two weeks, “Star Wars: The Last Jedi” has become the highest grossing movie of 2017, leaving many impatiently waiting for the next film.

Although very popular, many fans were outraged at many of the developments of the film.  Unlike “The Force Awakens,” the latest film did not mirror its corresponding original film and many believed it had not stayed true to the Star Wars narrative.  Nonetheless it has become a very popular movie and many hope that the rest of the movies will live up to the new standards set.