Dragons breathe fire upon Trojans

Tensions were high Friday Feb. 18, as the Trojan varsity girls lost 50-32 to the stout  Bishop O’Dowd Dragons.
The tip off seemed to be one of the only times for the Trojan Den to be celebrating as the Dragons dominated off the bat. With two dynamic girls at the bottom of the key, rebounds and under the basket shots came easy for the Dragons.
While the score remained close by the end of the first quarter at 13-6, with the Dragons ahead, it would be the closest our mighty Trojans would be for the duration of the game.
Jazel Talatua stepped up as one of the few bright spots as she led the Trojans in assists. Elena Ala also had a hot hand as she led the team in points.
Unfortunately the effort of these players just wasn’t enough as the highly ranked Dragons were able to get an incredible amount of second chance opportunities resulting in a dominant offensive performance.
This isn’t to say that our Trojans didn’t have a great year. With an 11-3 league record and a 17-8 overall record the team is having more than just a successful year. The same can be said about Bishop O’Dowd as their girls team advanced to 15-0 in league after their win over Castro Valley.