Oktoberfest brings food and festivities

Oktoberfest is known as a massive festival with great food such as sausages, pretzels and beer. All of this was brought to CVHS to celebrate the German holiday, minus the beer of course.

This year, like many years before, the German club brought the holiday of Oktoberfest to CVHS in great fashion with the help of the Deco club. During lunch on Oct. 18, several massive lines formed in the quad to receive good food from the German club students. 

This once a year event brings together the whole school under the banner of the German class and club. Junior Tony Valverde said, “giving out great food to the community is really inspiring. I think it’s a great event.”

While some students are inspired, others are just glad to get some good food. Many  students come through with heaping plates and beaming smiles. German student Alex Winn stated that, “the food’s good.”

The festival known as Oktoberfest originated as a celebration after a wedding in 1810 in Munich, Germany. Andreas Michael Dall’Armi started this festival, pulling in a crowd of 6 million people to celebrate the wedding of the Prince and Princess of Bavaria.

For this year’s celebration at CVHS the German class, club, and the Deco club all helped get ready for the festivities. The German club was an integral part in the planning of the event as club member Cameron Parnell stated that, “many members helped hand out food or set up.”

While the setup and planning was coordinated by the German club, the decorations in the quad were products of the Deco club. Parnell also said that the decorations went up in part through, “the help of parent volunteers [from the German club].”

Through the help and planning of the German and Deco clubs, Oktoberfest was a great success, not only planning wise, but also the decorations that were beautifully done throughout the quad.

The German and Deco clubs continued the school’s amazing tradition of Oktoberfest in brilliant style. Many students were very excited about the prospect of free food which the German students happily provided, leading to an amazing event.

One thought on “Oktoberfest brings food and festivities

• Nicole

The story is exceptionally well-written! I particularly enjoy the detailed background information provided. Something I do wish was added was maybe quotes from both the club’s presidents, but either way, I think this is an amazing story about an amazing event!