Enter the rabbit hole with Alice In Wonderland

Alice 1Alice is in Castro Valley for only for a short time until she has to go back to Wonderland. The CVHS drama department is performing Alice in Wonderland for two weeks at the Center for the Arts.

After mistakenly falling into a fantasy world, Alice finds herself in a mysterious place where everything is backwards and waywards and tries to find her way home, stopping along the way to talk with some odd creatures.

Many talented actors and actresses use their skills to bring life to a play that delights audiences.

“It’s a great experience to become that character, it’s almost a fantasy to become her and travel through her thoughts and imagination,” said actress Sophia Delucchi.

The play is based on the book Alice in Wonderland, which was published in 1865, and there might be more in the theatre performance than in the classic kids movies. Perfect for adults and kids, the quirky play features themes such the concept of living life backwards, and questioning one’s self. All the characters are also unique and different in a way many people wouldn’t imagine.

“It’s that feeling that’s almost indescribable. It’s the feeling of transforming into someone and living their story that’s so breathtaking,” said Delucchi.

Come fall down the rabbit hole, and enjoy the performance of Alice in Wonderland.

The show plays on May 1, 2, 8 and 9 at 7 p.m. and on May 10 at 2 p.m.