SportsUncategorized

Trojans hang tough at Invitational

DSC_1506The Castro Valley Invitational on Oct. 12 at Canyon Middle School was a tough one for the Trojans who hosted the meet. The varsity girls took sixth in the three mile event while the varsity boys took eighth.

Junior Carter Mackey came in seventh place for the Trojans cruising in with a time of 16:42. Junior Chris Cervi came in at 17:38 and Vincent Friesen followed in 18:17. The boys pulled together for a total of 261 points and an average time of 18:07.

The top runner for the girls varsity team was junior Emma Armstrong who ran three miles with a total time of 20:32. Junior Alexandria Embody ran 21:36 followed by Katherine Embody in 22:39.  As a team, the girls varsity runners came in sixth place with 160 points and an average time of 22:29.

When asked how the team could improve, senior Erik Silverness said, “Everyone’s at that level. It’s just who wants it the most.”

Senior Jacob Boisse agreed and added, “It’s also how you run the race, it’s not so much how fast you’re going. It only lasts for so long.”

Despite struggling to place at the invitational, the Trojans worked hard to do their best and outran many other schools such as San Leandro.