CVHS Varsity Girls Basketball finishes the season strong

The Castro Valley girls basketball team had a hard-fought battle against Folsom High School that ultimately led to a Trojan defeat on March 8, with a final score of 68-50.

The Trojans started out strong, going back and forth with the Bulldogs. Although, near the end of the first quarter, the Bulldogs began to pull ahead by about ten points.

The Bulldogs committed many fouls and frustrated the Trojans, although they did not give up or let their focus be deterred. They kept playing their best defense, although with the troubling fouls, the team’s shots became hurried and forced, which caused a lot of missed shots.

By halftime, Folsom was ahead by 22 points and things did not look good for the home team. After halftime the Trojans came out determined to get those points back.

Bailey Jones had 19 points, which were key to the close comeback in the third quarter. Although, in the end it was not enough to make up for the large deficit, leading to their defeat.

One thought on “CVHS Varsity Girls Basketball finishes the season strong

• Leila Neishi

The varsity girls basketball team had one heck of a season! They worked extremely hard and it saddens me to see it end so soon. And i wish i would have attended more games ! Great job ladies !