HighlightsSports

Trojans dethrone Monarchs on Senior Night

The Trojans varsity basketball team fought to the finish a real nail-biter on Feb. 17, delivering a joyful win in the regular season finale on Senior Night.

The game started off a bit slowly with the Mt. Eden Monarchs ending the first quarter leading 18-15. Although the Trojans were only slightly behind, the game continued like this for the majority of the second and third quarter.

Finally in the middle of the third quarter, the Trojans finally tied the score at 51.

The last quarter was very intense. With few seconds left in the game, Mt. Eden fouled against the Trojans which allowed them to take the lead. The Trojans ended up getting possession of the ball again with Okwaas Muhammad running a fast break and scoring two points, which secured the Trojans’ win.

“I was pretty excited at first (about the game) because there were a lot of emotions running through the night, cause it’s Senior Night, it’s my last home game. I’m glad we came out with a win,¨ says senior forward Justice Hazeltine.

“It was great to come out on Senior Night and send our seniors home with a huge important league win,” said junior guard Reggie Conley.

The Trojans play in the first round of the NCS playoffs against Freedom in Oakley tonight.

One thought on “Trojans dethrone Monarchs on Senior Night

• Robert Bruce

It’s pretty cool to see the boy’s win games which grows our population at this school.