Go out and vote Republican! Or not…

This month marks the beginning of the statewide primaries for the Republican nominee for president. In my eyes, there are three things that are essential to the success of a presidential nominee: vision, reason, and experience. In the case of the Republican Party, you can practically see the vision, reason, and experience emanating from each candidate.  After all, who cares about compassion anyways?

Vision.  The first thing about the Republican candidates that struck me was their ability to see a clear picture of the America they want to create.  For Representative Ron Paul, that picture is one of a smaller government because our country interferes far too much in the lives of the people.  To reduce the role of the government, Paul would cut several government departments, including the Department of Education and the Department of Health and Human Services.  After all, the last thing a government should do is try to help its citizens.

Former Speaker of the House Newt Gingrich certainly has his own vision for how to better our nation. He recognizes a key issue that our nation faces: child unemployment. If it weren’t for those pesky child labor laws, we could get our youth back into the workplace and subsequently boost our struggling economy.  These laws probably had no compelling reason for being enacted in the first place and are, as Gingrich so eloquently stated, “truly stupid.”

Reason.  These Republican candidates not only have a vision for America, but reasoning behind their ideas.  For instance, former U.S. Senator Rick Santorum argues that gay marriage should be illegal because it is just as bad as “man on child, man on dog, or whatever the case may be.”  And to those who have a different opinion, Santorum uses the most factual, indisputable, and up-to-date source to justify his viewpoint: the Bible. The Bible clearly states that a marriage is between a man and a woman and, as a country with no form of separation of religion and government, it is completely reasonable to go to a religious text for policy-building.

Another example of the impeccable reasoning of the Republican candidates can be found in former Massachusetts Governor Mitt Romney’s position on health care. Even though Romney’s universal health care policy in Massachusetts successfully helped thousands of citizens to receive the care they needed, Romney did the right thing: not support Obama’s attempts to create universal health care on a federal level.  Romney simply followed the age-old political reasoning that if a policy was successful in one place, you should do everything in your power to make sure it isn’t successful elsewhere.

Experience.  These candidates not only have vision for the future of America and reason behind their methods of creating that vision, but also the experience necessary to make that vision plausible.  Rick Perry, for example, oversaw the execution of 234 people in his position as governor of Texas.  That is some serious leadership.  America needs that type of leadership.  The type of leadership that kills people.  But hey, if they try to come into our country and commit a crime, they need to serve the “ultimate justice.”

And, if there is one idea under which all of the Republicans can unify, it is that the dreaded President Obama must be stopped before his violent rampage of change causes any more harm to the American people.  Sure, Obama rearranged the economy’s structure to prevent another Great Depression.  And he repealed Don’t Ask Don’t Tell.  And he organized the killing of Osama bin Laden.  But none of this has any value when we recognize that all of the country’s problems were created by Obama in the first place.  It isn’t as if he was forced to start his presidency during one of the worst economic times in American history.

So go out and vote for your favorite Republican.  Let’s kick that Muslim socialist antichrist Obama out of office!  He probably isn’t even a citizen anyway…