Positive thinking is part of the solution

“The world is full of corruption and you cannot do anything about it,” a friend of mine said to me when I asked him what we could do to stop child trafficking in the world.

That idea of his really got me thinking, and I believed it. I thought I was never going to be able to help these kids. However, there were people who helped me change that belief.

My parents were the first people who helped me understand that everyone can do something better for the world. It might sound a little bit childish, but they were the ones that taught me how to think positively and to know that corruption, wars, etc. are going to end.

Anne Parris, my English teacher, was one of them too. She is always talking about how we can help people by just writing a letter, giving up some clothes that we might not use anymore, or just by performing a simple act of kindness to the people who surround us.

The simple things in life are the ones that count the most. At this point, you might feel incapable of helping kids who have been mistreated, but by just thinking positively you are already helping them and other people in need.

If we are willing to change our mentality for the better, we stop being part of the problem. So, let’s not be part of the problem, but be part of the solution.

One thought on “Positive thinking is part of the solution

• Heckuva good job. I sure appretciae it.