A bucket list for senior year

With only a few weeks left of school, I’ve been forced to reflect upon this past year and ask myself if I’m truly content with my last year of high school. In order to aid future seniors, I’ve arranged a bucket list: things that you should do during your senior year to make it the best it could possibly be.

1) Fill out an application and attend the interview to become an outdoor school counselor. I guarantee that spending a week away from reality and surrounding yourself with excited kids and supportive peers will do you some good.

2) Attend at least one basketball and one football game. I myself have never attended a game prior to this year. Experiencing the thrill of the Trojan Den and expressing school spirit for the last time is a must!

3) Go to senior ball, with or without a date. The bottom line is that this is your last high school formal and one of your last chances to hang out with your senior class again. Take advantage of that.

4) Participate in Song Girls, Male Skit, and/or Float during Homecoming. It’s your last chance to seize the opportunity to meet new people, be crazy, and help be a part of a team effort.

5) Go to the senior events such as Senior Awards Night and Senior Sunset. Staff members and your class officers organize such events just so you can spend more time with your peers and celebrate your class going different ways.

6) Watch Mr. CV, sponsored by Boosters. It’s a fun experience to watch the talents of the daring guys in your class and see who gets crowned!

7) Become a member of a club on campus or participate in as many extracurricular activities as possible. Our campus offers a plethora of different clubs and one is bound to fit you. A club is a great way to meet new people and help a cause while you’re at it.

8) Participate in Senior Cut Day, the school day after senior ball. You will never have another opportunity when parents and teachers alike understand you cutting. Use this day wisely.

9) Spend a day with friends at Lake Chabot. As Castro Valley residents, we underappreciate the natural beauty of our town. With college approaching, adventure throughout Castro Valley and go to places you’ve never been. You’d be surprised at where you end up.

10) Meet people you’ve never met and do things you’ve never done. Keep in mind that you won’t be able to see your classmates on a daily basis again, and that your senior year is an opportune time to experiment and experience.

So there you are! Ten things that you should do during your senior year in order to make it the best it could possibly be. In short, take advantage of the school activities offered to you because you won’t have them again in college. Most importantly, have fun. As obvious as it seems, it’s something that we often forget amidst college applications and academics. So have a great time with family and friends and appreciate staff members! I wish you the best of luck.