Canon PowerShot S100 a great buy

For those of you who are looking for a great gift to give a loved one this Christmas, Canon has released a new digital camera that may interest you.

Canon’s popular PowerShot has been in use since 1996 and it has slowly seen upgrades throughout the years. Now, Canon has dropped the PowerShot S100 onto store shelves. It is Canon’s most powerful point-and-shoot camera and it allows the user to be comfortable and creative while taking a picture. It was released in September 2011, and prices at about $429. Serious photographers, amateurs, and newcomers will be delighted to have this camera in their hands.

The S100 packs a punch when taking pictures because of the upgrades, specifications, and technology. It has the new DIGIC 5 image processor, which provides stunning image quality. Canon has also allowed the camera to produce images at a whopping 12.1 megapixels. Sharp and crisp detailed pictures are ensured with this camera.

However, the image quality and processor are not the only great things about this camera. Canon has made it possible for the S100 to shoot HD videos in 1080p. Not only can one take stunning pictures, but can also shoot HD videos with a click of a button. It is simple to switch from video to camera mode and allows the photographer to always be ready for the shot.

This camera is extremely user friendly, and newcomers will be grateful for its easy usability. There are only six buttons (including the shutter button), which is fewer compared to the previous S95. There are also more features to aid the photographer, such as the blink detection and red eye correction. For those who would like to get more creative, there are color filters, which allow the user to obtain different color effects in their pictures. Effects such as Toy camera and Tilt-shift allow users to be very creative and also have fun with their shots.

The S100 truly goes beyond the standards of today’s digital cameras. It is durable, effective and always reliable. This camera is truly a great product to be given as a gift to a new user and also to an experienced photographer.