The Lorax: “a heartfelt and family friendly movie”

When there’s a movie that involves dancing bears eating marshmallows and fish that sing and twirl egg beaters, you know that the movie is going to make you laugh your pants off. The Lorax contained this and more when it was turned into a movie. It was funny with a touch of sad in a way that makes you think. I loved it so much I watched it four times in a row. The film proves that hummingfish can sing like nobody’s business.
The Lorax tells the tale of The Lorax and Co. in Truffula Tree Valley. It has adorable characters who love junk food and mischief. The theme of this story is that greed doesn’t only destroy you, but also affects everyone, and you can lose friends in the process. Thneedville, the city, portrays our world very closely, and also brings to light several environmental issues.
One of the main characters, Ted, shows that determination can give something so hopeless a complete turn-around.
“Unless someone like you cares an awful lot, nothing is going to get better, it’s not,” the Once-ler said, explaining to Ted the mysterious message the Lorax left behind many years ago, when the destruction of Truffula Tree Valley was fresh.
The movie showcases many songs and humorous scenes, along with fantastic voice actors, including Danny DeVito as the Lorax, Ed Helms as the Once-ler, Zac Efron as Ted and Taylor Swift as Audrey. This movie is very heartfelt and family friendly, and makes some good points about our own world. If you’re looking for a good laugh with deep thinking, definitely check out this movie. I’d give it more stars, but for now I am confined to five.