Swift’s single “Never Grow Up” easily relatable to listeners

The soft, soothing melody of Taylor Swift’s single, “Never Grow Up,” from her latest album Speak Now, is one of my favorite songs. “Never Grow Up” makes us realize that we all miss the simplicity of being a child as we’re growing up.

When I was younger, I remember everything being relaxed and carefree, as Swift sings, “To you, everything’s funny. You have nothing to regret.”  Now in high school, I feel like all of us have to worry a lot more. For me, I always feel obligated to get good grades and get into a good college so I can have a bright future ahead of me.

As you grow up, you’re going to realize that life isn’t going to be the same as it was when you were younger. One day you’re going to have to leave your family and head to college, live in an apartment, and provide for yourself. “So here I am in my new apartment, in a big city, they just dropped me off. It’s so much colder than I thought it would be, so I tuck myself in, and turn the nightlight on,” sings Swift.

When we grow up, it’s not going to be as easy as it was when when we were little. “I just realized everything I have is someday going to be gone,” sings Swift, which in my opinion, was the best line out of the whole song because it summarizes  its theme.

Other than the fact that Swift’s song is very relatable, it also has a catchy tune. The lyrics were well written and listeners would easily be able to relate their own life to the song.

I give the song five stars because I enjoyed the lyrics and message of the song, as  sometimes I wish that I could “Never Grow Up.”