Entertainment

Limitless thrills audiences

Limitless is just that, Limitless.  I thought the movie wouldn’t live up to the hype, but the truth is it did. Seriously thrilling, Bradley Cooper acted excellently as the blocked writer, Edward Morra, on the verge of losing it all. The plot twists and turns, just when you think you have the ending figured out, some twist comes along and makes you reevaluate what is going to happen.  This psychological thriller is directed by Niel Burger.

The movie begins with Morra, a man with a failed marriage and a recently failed relationship, on the path of losing his book deal along with his apartment who finds relief in the form of a little clear pill, NZT.  This pill enhances his mental capacity and allows him to access a greater percentage of his brain, rather than the normal twenty percent.  This is when things begin to change to form a typhoon of uncontrollable potential that leads to writing, wealth, and recognition.

Among the grandeur that Morra experiences, the recognition quickly gets him into trouble with some shady characters, along with some white collar criminals, who make his life very difficult to live.  He is faced with more issues when his newly interested girlfriend decides to leave him once again. Throughout the movie, he shows great resilience in conquering all the challenges he faces emotionally and physically.

The acting by Bradley Cooper and his co-stars, which include Abby Cornish, who plays his girlfriend, Lindy, and Robert De Niro, who plays a wall street mogul, is superb.  They all interact in a way that makes you believe that they are actually the characters they portray and pull you even deeper into the storyline.  They make you feel like you’re in that situation, discovering and using the potential that we have inside of us.

The combination of excellent acting and a storyline that keeps you interested with its action packed scenes makes Limitless a must-see movie.  If you want action, drama, love, and never-ending suspense, it is the movie for you.  The ending will surprise you; it sure surprised me.